With the kick-off of the Memorial Day weekend holiday, I hope you are enjoying my favorite time of year—spring! When the nature that surrounds us here on the Ranch truly comes alive, we are reminded of the beauty right in front of us and of brand-new beginnings. Our entire team at the ranch is excited to have officially “opened our gates” to the true spirit of the West this past weekend and I’m excited for the 2015 season is full of new introductions.
This summer, we are thrilled to elevate your personal experience in a number of wonderful ways:
• By fully integrating the newly acquired 15,000-acre A Cross/Sanger Ranch, we’ll add even more grand adventures across the landscape—on another 20 miles of hiking/biking trails and expanded access for private, blue-ribbon trout fishing on the North Platte and French Creek Rivers, for a total of 20 miles of water across the Ranch; plus a full-day horseback riding outing. Truly one of the most breathtaking pieces of property in the entire West.
• We’re rolling out new Signature Experiences to embark upon, complementing the favorites our guests have loved for years. The new ones are terrific, too, such as the BCR Shoot Out, the Weekly Flap Jack High Country Breakfast at Jim’s Draw Yurt and the All-Day Angling Adventure, just to name a few.
• Ride along on guided ATV tours through the National Forest, and witness the beauty of Medicine Bow like we do in the winter on trails used for snowmobiling.
• Your Lil’ Wranglers will treasure a new program focused on horsemanship at least four days a week. We’re excited to welcome all “Pokes” ages 4-6 and “Bandits” ages 7-8 with activities designed for their specific needs and interests.
• Sportsmen and sportswomen alike with enjoy the talents of renowned hunting-dog trainer, Vickie Lamb, who joins us as our Wing Shooting Manager.
• Introducing our new Executive Chef and Executive Sous Chef, Collin and Emily Meyer. Both come from exceptional backgrounds and are eager to enhance the Ranch’s already creative, craveable offerings. Couples always desire to “learn how to cook and spend time in the kitchen with each other.” Well, Collin and Emily will live out that dream, leading our culinary team on a 30,000-acre stage (and getting paid for it)!
We live in a beautiful place, but time and time again we are told that it’s the staff that truly makes the Brush Creek Ranch so special, from our Activities guides to our servers, our housekeepers and spa attendants. Every staff member is instrumental in creating lifetime guests. I’m pleased to welcome our fantastic team, including more 50% returning staff, who all embody a spirit to serve that’s as fresh as the wildflowers in bloom across our beautiful western landscape.
Read about all this and more including special events like our Annual Independence Week Celebration in our spring ‘Happy Trails’ newsletter!
I look forward to welcoming you to the Ranch this summer.
Executive VP/COO, Brush Creek Ranch